Volunteer of the Month – September 2017
Firm: Katherine B. Weber, PC
Katherine Weber is a sole practitioner who answered a few questions for Headnotes about her pro bono involvement:
1. How did you first get involved in pro bono?
My first exposure to pro bono was helping to raise money for Equal Access to Justice Campaign. Sally Crawford inspired me to take my first case.
2. What types of cases have you accepted?
So far, I have accepted family law cases.
3. Which clinics have you assisted with?
None yet. Let me know what you need!
4. Describe your most compelling pro bono case.
I represented a mom who was leaving an abusive spouse with her daughter, who is the same age as my daughter.
5. Why do you do pro bono?
It makes me feel good to help people who would otherwise have to navigate a stressful time in their lives alone.
6. What impact has pro bono service had on your career?
It has exposed me to an additional area of the law.
7. What is the most unexpected benefit you have received from doing pro bono?
A former DVAP client referred a paying client to me!