The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program needs attorneys and other legal professionals to help provide free legal help and access to our justice system for low-income people in our community. DVAP has over 30 years of experience recruiting, training and supporting volunteers in their efforts to help low-income people with their legal problems. With over 25% of Dallas County residents living in poverty, DVAP needs as many volunteers as possible to assist those in need.
Interested in volunteering? Contact Chris Reed-Brown at email@example.com or 214-243-2243.
Attorney volunteers are needed to do the following:
- Interview applicants at legal clinics.
- Provide legal advice to people in need.
- Accept legal cases for full representation.
- Mentor other attorneys on their pro bono cases.
- Volunteer at the DVAP office.
- Make juvenile law presentations to at-risk youth and their parents.
Paralegals, law students, and other legal professionals can help by:
- Pre-screening applicants at legal clinics.
- Assisting applicants with completing paperwork at clinics.
- Volunteering at the DVAP office.